“Deep and simple is far more essential than shallow and complex.” – Mr. Rogers
This philosophy nurtures my life. In my work, I seek the essence needed to transform problems and create space for health and comfort.
I’ve been interested in wellness since childhood. While still in primary school our chiropractor began to nurture that interest by answering my questions about the structure of the body, and living his joy in caring for others. And growing up in the country, I felt an intuitive connection to all living things and an easy, natural understanding of the emotional body as it relates to the physical body.
In 1996, after college and an early career in publishing, I completed Massage Therapy training and fell in love with the innate wisdom of the body. During the course of time, while giving care to a friend with serious illness, I found and fell in love with CranioSacral Therapy. I became Techniques Certified in CranioSacral Therapy with the Upledger Institute. I am a Teaching Assistant for Upledger, and continue my education in this powerful, gentle, respectful, and deeply effective therapy.
Through the years, I studied many other modalities. In addition to CranioSacral Therapy, these include: Reflexology, Chapman’s Reflexes and others. I am also studying Bach Flower Remedies and my clients are having wonderful results from these gentle flower essences for emotional support and healing.
I also believe that good nutrition is an essential part of creating health, and I am a distributor of Juice Plus+, a simple way to add more nutrition from fruits and vegetables as well as antioxidants and omega fatty acids. You can read more about that on my Juice Plus+ site.
I have been in practice since 1996 and in Grapevine since 2004. I am licensed by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. Texas MT#038189
Certifications and Specializations:
- Upledger Institute CranioSacral Therapy Techniques Level Certification
- Advanced Level CranioSacral Therapy
- SomatoEmotional Release
- Teaching Assistant for The Upledger Institute.
- Certified Reflexologist
Coursework with the International Association of Healthcare Educators and other providers:
- Intensive Long Distance Healing Course from Healing from the Core
- CranioSacral Therapy and the Immune Response 1
- CranioSacral Therapy and Working with Chronic Depletion
- CranioSacral Therapy for Cranial Nerves 1
- CranioSacral Therapy Touching The Brain 1; Stimulating Self-Correction Through The Glial Interface
- SomatoEmotional Release Technique: Mastering the Inner Physician
- CranioSacral Therapy for Pediatrics 1
- BioAquatic Exploration Shared Connections
- Advanced CranioSacral Therapy 1
- SomatoEmotional Release 2
- SomatoEmotional Release 1
- CranioSacral Therapy 2
- CranioSacral Therapy 1
Listen to a Podcast about my work…
See my profile in Voyage Dallas Magazine.