I help people have happier lives by offering assistance on the path to better health and greater joy.
“Deep and simple is far more essential than shallow and complex.” – Mr. Rogers
This statement sums up my philosophy in life. And my work seeks the essence of what is needed to help transform problems into improved health.
I’ve been interested in wellness since childhood. While still in primary school a kind and wise chiropractor began to nurture that interest by teaching me about the structure, and function of the body, and the art of being present with people. And growing up in the country, I felt an intuitive connection to all living things and an easy, natural understanding of the emotional body as it relates to the physical body.
In 1996, after college and an early career in publishing, I completed Massage Therapy training and fell in love with the innate wisdom of the body and with CranioSacral Therapy. I became Techniques Certified in CranioSacral Therapy with the Upledger Institute. I am a Teaching Assistant for Upledger, and continue my education in this powerful, gentle, respectful, and deeply effective therapy.
In addition to CST, I have studied other modalities that are effective for facilitating healing and have a number of tools I draw on to offer care. These include: Reiki, Theta Healing, Reflexology, EFT, and Chapman’s Reflexes. I am also studying Bach Flower Remedies. I also believe that good nutrition is an essential part of creating health, and I am a distributor of Juice Plus+, a simple way to add more nutrition from fruits and vegetables as well as antioxidants and omega fatty acids. You can read more about that on my Juice Plus+ site.
I have been in practice since 1996 and in Grapevine since 2004. I am licensed by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. Texas MT#038189
Certifications and Specializations:
- Upledger Institute CranioSacral Therapy Techniques Level Certification
- Advanced Level CranioSacral Therapy
- SomatoEmotional Release
- Teaching Assistant for The Upledger Institute.
- Usui Reiki Master and Teacher
- Certified Theta Healing Practitioner
- Certified Reflexologist
- Speaker/ Teacher
Coursework with the International Association of Healthcare Educators and other providers:
- Intensive Long Distance Healing Course from Healing from the Core
- CranioSacral Therapy and the Immune Response 1
- CranioSacral Therapy and Working with Chronic Depletion
- CranioSacral Therapy for Cranial Nerves 1
- CranioSacral Therapy Touching The Brain 1; Stimulating Self-Correction Through The Glial Interface
- SomatoEmotional Release Technique: Mastering the Inner Physician
- CranioSacral Therapy for Pediatrics 1
- BioAquatic Exploration Shared Connections
- Advanced CranioSacral Therapy 1
- SomatoEmotional Release 2
- SomatoEmotional Release 1
- CranioSacral Therapy 2
- CranioSacral Therapy 1
Listen to a Podcast about my work…
See my profile in Voyage Dallas Magazine.