I know it is challenging sorting through the information that’s coming your way so quickly with the COVID-19 virus. This situation is stressful for lot of folks mentally and emotionally with the growing public fear. I want to let you know that I am keeping myself informed with the most accurate information that I can access, taking appropriate actions in my office based on that information, and including suggestions for you from reliable sources.
As of now, I am continuing to see clients.
- As usual, I am practicing precautions with hygiene such as washing my hands thoroughly before and after each client and keeping the surfaces in my office clean and fresh.
- Extra precautions are in place with disinfecting the table and all surfaces as well as the rest rooms after each client.
If you do not wish to come in, I can work via Distance or Remote Sessions as well. Feel free to text, email, or call me regarding that.
After reviewing reputable and current information, I am sharing the following recommendations from the Upledger International Institute and the International Association of Healthcare Practitioners:
- Keep your immune system strong; rest, hydration, good nutrition, and a regular manual therapy regimen.
- Stay home if you have respiratory symptoms (coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath) and/or a temperature above 100.4 F.
- Shield coughs and sneezes with a tissue, elbow, or shoulder (not the bare hands).
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Consider plant medicine. The following link supports the use of Sambucus Nigra (Elderberry) at https://vmstudygroup.com/corona-virus-covid-19-what-can-you-do-part-2/
*** If you would like to use Elderberry and don’t have a source, please be aware that Juice Plus+ Berry Blend includes Elderberry as well as a host of other highly anti-oxidant berries that support health. You can access it here: https://janamoon.juiceplus.com/us/en/buy/capsules/berry-blends Contact me if you have any questions about that.***
Here are the current recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control:
Lastly, I’m including this this link to the Carnegie Melon University Tepper School of Business with a video (it’s 45 minutes long, the last 15 is Q&A) featuring Dr. Amesh Adalja, Tepper Alumnus and Johns Hopkins Senior Scholar and Infectious Disease Specialist.
He’s speaking to a group of non-scientists, so it’s very easy to understand everything he explains. It will give you a solid understanding of the Coronavirus family, the responses of various institutions and governments and how Coronaviruses (including COVID-19) transmit. He spoke in February, but this information is still currently valuable. I think this information will benefit you greatly if you’d like a good understanding of the big picture.