Anise Hyssop is a wonderful perennial herb in zones 4-9. It is beautiful in the garden, wonderful as a food or herbal remedy, and it greatly benefits the honeybee population. My local beekeeper (www.lieberhoney.com) says they just LOVE it!
So if you’d like to grow your own anise hyssop, there’s a nifty article at the end of this post from the Juice Plus+ folks that gives easy instructions. It’s a hardy plant, and worth the small effort it takes to start it.
And if you need a little encouragement, here’s a list of all the wonderful ways to use this beautiful herb:
- Food – lovely as a garnish and delicious in salad
- Tea – adds a black licorice flavor to an herbal tea blend, and it’s an expectorant, making it ideal for treating a cold
- Cordial – a traditional ingredient in absinthe
- Relaxation – calming as an infusion in the bath
- Aromatherapy – encourages pleasant dreams