One of the reasons I teach Reiki is the simplicity and practicality of this gentle healing modality. I’ve learned and use several modalities, but for the person beginning their journey exploring alternative medicine and energy healing I think Reiki is the absolute best place to start.
1. It is so easy to learn. I teach both levels in one workshop with enough hands-on time that people leave really understanding the energy in their hands and how to locate problem areas and treat as needed.
2. It’s practical. Reiki does not require any equipment or even any special knowledge. There are guidelines to follow for ethics and how to approach and handle a session, but they don’t require extensive study or exact technique. Because of this, you can do Reiki on the spot anywhere, anytime it is needed. You are out for a hike with friends and someone falls and bruises their knee – you can do Reiki. Your spouse gets a sudden headache – you can do Reiki. You have a nervous stomach sitting in a waiting room – you can do Reiki and no one will even notice. And . . . you’ll find wonderful results when applied with love and care.
3. Everyone can benefit. If you Reiki yourself and heal your own issues, then those around you benefit from the changes in you as they experience the energy of your field. If you Reiki others, you benefit from the healing energy as it passes through you into the other person. If you Reiki situations, locations, and global issues, everyone within the effect of that loving energy is helped along if they are willing to receive it (consciously or non-consciously).
4. It’s universal. It holds nothing of any particular religious belief system. Anyone of any faith or without faith can learn and use it to great effect. I like this especially because it is uniting. We can all join in and heal with Reiki. It brings people together.
5. It’s natural. We are designed with 70 pico amps of electricity emanating from our palms. That amount is just the right amount of energy to speed the healing of tissue. It has been shown to heal broken bone tissue 50% faster than without the added energy, and that’s with the energy coming from a electronic device. When you add loving intention to the energy you get a broader range of healing – physical, emotional, spiritual. We naturally touch when we get hurt or see someone else hurt. It’s how we are made, and Reiki takes that glorious design further.
Please join in! The world needs more healing. And you may as well.
“Deep and simple is far more essential than shallow and complex.” – Mr. Rogers